Friday 30 December 2011

My latest additions and worry

I got myself a new wing for my Optima Mid, made by durango. Have look at it.
I finally used up the rest of the stickers that came with the Marwan Repro body kit.
i changed the rear springs to assocateds green springs, the softest, and the front to silvers, the second hardest. I also reduced the droop a little bit on the shocks. Waiting for the durango shock boots which i will buy from 1 Utama tommorow, then the car is ready to run again !
Then the little debacle with dirt getting in the tranny got me worried. OT86 gear is still easy to get, and the center gear is made by pargu2000 out of aluminium, and its excellent. But no one makes the SG-25 plastic sprocket set, and its getting verh hard to get hold off these days, and also very expensive at $25. I saw a seller selling the ball diff casing for only $5.99 which is cheap, but i dont want to use ball diffs anymore. So who will make the SG-25s? My current sprocket gear is very new, and i only have one more new extra sprocket, then thats it. i think these could last me perhaps 3-5 years, if i dont let dirt get into the gears. But after that what then? I got an idea to make a single belt conversion for the Optima Mid, which you will be able to use any worn out sprocket gear, cause there will no contact with the gears anymore. Unfortunately my idea will require some cutting on the rear gearbox, a little drilling on the top deck, and total removal of the upper deck belt cover. The good news is i beleive the belt cover will not be needed there because there will no need to have any grease inside the tranny anmore becuase of the single belt drive. I will work on it once i run out of gears !

No comments:

Post a Comment